There is currently an open position for a postdoctoral researcher. Click here for details.
NEWS & EVENTS:
- 5/23/17. Ed's proposal to the American Chemical Society - Petroleum Research Fund (ACS PRF), titled "Synthesis of Advanced Functional Self-Immolative Polymers" has been recommended for funding as a Doctoral New Investigator Award (DNI) . Thanks PRF!
- 5/22/17. Our paper in collaboration with the Ullal Lab has been accepted for publication in Chemistry of Materials. Congratulations to 1st author Hari Vijayamohanan!
- 7/10/17. Ed has won the NSF CAREER Award from the DMR-Biomaterials program for his proposal "Biomimetic Macromolecules at the Materials-Microbe Interface". This funding will support one of our lab's key projects for the next five years. Many thanks to the NSF!
- 6/24/16. In collaboration with Chaitanya Ullal's lab, our joint proposal to the National Science Foundation (NSF) CHE-MSN entitled “Photochromic Switching for Nanostructured Polymer Gels” has been recommended for funding! Thanks NSF!
- 6/8/16. Welcome to our newest graduate student research assistant Zhe Zhou!
- 6/3/16. Welcome to our LSAMP REU summer student Sadjo Sidikou! She is visiting us from the University of Maryland - Baltimore County (Chemical Engineering)
- 5/28/16. Graduation Day! Congratulations to Utthara Ramesbabu (BS in MSE), as she will be going to Northwestern University for her Ph.D.
- 2/8/16. The Palermo lab was selected to receive a 3M Nontenured Faculty Award! The gift will support our project entitled "Biorepsonsive Polymer Surfaces as Antifouling Coatings" Many thanks to 3M for their support!
- 1/1/16. Welcoming two new URP undergraduate researchers, Kathy Lin (MSE) and Sam Ellman (Chemistry)!
- 8/5/15. Congratulations to Cansu Ergene for receiving one of the inaugural RPI Presidential Graduate Research Fellows Program grants. This fellowship will support her research for one year.
- 5/28/15. Congratulations to Cansu Ergene for passing her oral exam Ph.D. qualifiers! The exam tests students' knowledge of materials structure, mechanical properties, thermodynamics & kinetics, and electrical, magnetic and optical properties.
- 5/26/15. Utthara Rameshbabu will spend the summer doing research with our collaborator, Kazuma Yasuhara, at the Nara Advanced Institute for Science and Technology (NAIST) in Nara, Japan!
- 3/13/15. Our grant proposal to the Army Research Office, entitled "STIR: Sequence-Controlled Polymerization on Facially Amphiphilic Templates at Interfaces" has been approved for funding! This Short Term Innovative Research (STIR) grant will stimulate a new direction in our higher risk project areas. Thanks ARO!
- 12/30/14. Happy Holidays! The website is now updated with pictures of our capital equipment. See the "facilities" tab for details.
- 11/12/14. Welcome to our newest graduate student, Cansu Ergene!
- 9/2/14. Our first undergraduate researcher, Utthara Rameshbabu (MSE class of 2016), has joined the Palermo group. Welcome!
- 7/31/14. The Palermo Lab has officially started today! Lab renovations and ordering of capital equipment are now underway. Check back soon for pictures of the nascent laboratory...
- 5/27/14. Our first Graduate Student, Abhirup Dutta, has joined the lab! Welcome!
- 4/28/14. Palermo Lab @ RPI website goes live!